Before you start browsing eBay for tempting deals on cars or their parts, you need to know what you’re going into.
eBay Motors sells cars on average of 1,000 vehicles per day on eBay.com, the kind of number that dealers dream of. On eBay Motors, you can find any vehicle you want, from motor scooters to supercars.
Over the past few years, hackers and data breaches hit eBay who struggled hard to tackle security deficiencies. Is eBay trustworthy, or should you avoid using this platform?
Read more to find out how to buy or sell a car safely, all from the comfort of your home.
Why Buy or Sell a Car on eBay?
If you are planning to buy or sell a new car, you may prefer to do it in a showroom. But the thing is that showrooms tend to supply only the latest cars from a particular manufacturer. This can limit your budget and flexibility of choices.
Meanwhile, used/pre-owned car showrooms offer a larger variety of vehicles, but these can have mechanical issues.
eBay combines the new and used car markets under one virtual umbrella. In short, you can find on eBay every auto option that you could be looking for!
Buying Cars on eBay Motors
Follow these easy steps to find the right car for you and buy it:
- Go to www.ebay.com/motors to get started, and enter the make and model of the vehicle you wish to purchase. eBay’s search will help you find what you’re looking for.
- Once you hit the “Search Cars and Trucks” button, you will see the first page of results. If you didn’t find what you’re looking for, modify your search using the “Year From / To” and “Distance” fields.
- When you find the car you’re looking for, check its description, price, type of sale (auction or Buy Now), condition, and whether it needs repairs or not, and so on.
- Take the time to look at the photos at their maximum resolution to make sure the vehicle is what you expect.
- After reviewing the details of the display, check the “Vehicle History Report” to get an overall idea of what’s been done to the vehicle.
- Do not offer the seller an end of the auction or private purchase, as this ends any protection granted to both parties by eBay and PayPal
- Finally, view the “Shipping and Payments” tab to see what options are available for payment and how eBay can ship the car for you.
Selling Cars on eBay Motors
Many people consider eBay a great place to sell stuff due to its large audience. Although it’s easy to use and fast to gain results, the process won’t always go as you expect. Buyers on eBay always look for good deals, so you’ll probably get less than you have in mind when cashing your car.
Before selling your car, browse around to get an idea about your car value and set the lowest price you are willing to accept.
Anyway, if you want to try your luck on eBay, here are all the tips you need to list your car and sell it:
- Go to the eBay website, and create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Create your listing on eBay motors by choosing the type of vehicle you want to sell.
- Remember: you aren’t selling a pair of shoes here. The item you’re selling is worth thousands of dollars, so your buyer must feel comfortable making this decision.
For this, clean your car well before taking photos and videos of it. eBay gives you the option of uploading a good number of photos and videos, take advantage of that.
Good to know: Uploading media on eBay Motors is not for free. You’ll need to pay fees whether you end up selling your car or not.
- After you enter all your car details, choose whether you want to sell it at an auction or at a fixed price.
- Insert all data regarding price, accepting negotiations or not, an end date for the offer, then upload photos.
- Insert item specifications so the buyers can find all the information they’re looking for.
- Choose the method of shipping. eBay Motors gives you two options:
- “ Buyer is responsible” for shipping.
- Including shipping details in the description.
- Payment: there are two options:
- Offline payment: that’s about cheques, cash, and loans.
- Paying via PayPal.
- Sit back and hope all goes well.
For sellers, it seems like a ton of work to do. Yet, for buyers, eBay Motors seems like the right place to get goodies. Whether you decide to go for traditional shopping or e-shopping, always look for good deals and keep an eye out for scammers!