If you live in Ottawa, then you know that the winters can be long and harsh. That’s why it’s so important to have car insurance—you never know when you might need it.
Here are some of the benefits of having car insurance in Ottawa!
Why Car Insurance In Ottawa Is Important
1. Car insurance protects you financially in case of an accident: If you’re involved in a car accident, chances are that there will be damage to your vehicle. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll have to pay for repairs out of your own pocket. But if you do have insurance, your insurance company will foot the bill and cover the costs.
2. It gives you peace of mind: Knowing that you’re covered in case of an accident can give you peace of mind when driving on Ottawa’s roads. Whether it’s a fender bender or a major collision, you’ll know that you’re protected, especially during Ottawa’s slippery winter season. Fewer things to worry about and manage when you find yourself in an accident is always a bonus, and having a car insurance policy can help offset the emotional toll that these circumstances bring about as well.
3. It covers more than just your vehicle: In addition to covering damage to your vehicle, most car insurance policies also cover medical expenses and property damage. So if you cause an accident, your insurance will help pay for the other driver’s medical bills and any damage to their property. This is called 3rd party liability insurance. This is important because no matter who is at fault, both (or all parties) can be covered for their expenses.
4. It is required by law: In Ontario, all drivers must have car insurance. So if you don’t have insurance and you get into an accident, not only will you be responsible for paying for the damages, but you could also face stiff penalties from the government. If you have a vehicle, insurance is non-negotiable and keeps yourself and others on the road protected should an accident occur.
5. It provides discounts: Many auto insurers offer discounts to drivers who have car insurance. So not only will you be protected financially in case of an accident, but you could also save money on your premiums each year. Additionally in Ottawa, having winter tires can also offer discounts from insurers.
Some insurers will even provide discounts for other related policies should you decide to bundle various ones together, helping you save money and time.
In Ottawa? You Need Car Insurance
Car insurance is a necessary expense for all drivers in Ottawa. Not only is it required by law, but it also provides financial protection in case of an accident.
It’s important to shop around and compare rates before buying a policy to make sure you’re getting the best coverage for your needs at the best price.
It’s better to have it and not need it, than not have it and need it!