In the world of mathematics, the equilateral triangle will be the one that will be having all sides of equal length for example a triangle that has all sides of 5 cm will be known as the equilateral triangle. Since all the three sides of the triangle will be equal then all these kinds of three angles that will be opposite to the equal sides will also be equal in terms of measure and it is also known as the equiangular triangle in the world of mathematics where every angle will be measuring 60°.
The equilateral triangle is considered to be the best possible way of ensuring that people will be a regular triangle and regular polygon very easily without any kind of problem.
Following are some of the very basic properties of the equilateral triangle which the people need to consider in the whole process of dealing with them:
- Every side of the equilateral triangle will be equal
- All the three sides of the equilateral triangle will be congruent and every angle will be equal to 60°
- The equilateral triangle is considered to be the polygon that will be having three equal sides
- The perpendicular drawn from the vertex of the equilateral triangle to the opposite side will help in bisecting it into two halves. Also, the angle of the vertex from where the perpendicular has been drawn will be dividing the angle into two angles of equal measure of 30° each.
- The orthocentre and centroid of the equilateral triangle will always be at the same point.
- In the cases of the equilateral triangle, the angle bisector, median and altitude of the three sides will always be the same.
- The area of the equilateral triangle is root three into side square/4
- The perimeter of the equilateral triangle will be 3 into the measure of side.
Following are some of the very basic points of comparison between the equilateral triangle, Isosceles triangle and the scalene triangle:
In the cases of the equilateral triangle, all three sides will be of equal length but in the case of the Isosceles triangle, any two sides will be of equal length and on the other hand in the cases of scalene triangle all the three sides will be of different measurement in the whole process.
In the case of an equilateral triangle, all the three interior angles will be equal to 60°, in the case of the Isosceles triangle the angles opposite to the equal sides will be equal and in the cases of a scalene triangle, all the angles will be of unequal measure in the whole process.
Apart from this people also need to be clear about different kinds of theorems of the equilateral triangle as well so that they can have a good command over it without any kind of problem. The formulation of the area is another very important thing to be taken into consideration because this will be the region occupied by it into a two-dimensional plane. The formula has been explained above which is the main reason that people need to be clear about every single element of the formula which will allow them to implement things very professionally. Apart from this people also need to be clear about the formulation of the height of the equilateral triangle and it can be determined with the help of the Pythagoras theorem very easily. The formula for the height has been explained as:
Root three into side measure/two
Hence, being clear about all the above-mentioned points associated with the equilateral triangle is vital and people should also have a good command over the formulas like area of equilateral triangle so that there is no problem at any point of time and overall goals of scoring well in the maths exam have been significantly achieved without any kind of issue. Want to learn more on this topic? Visit the website of Cuemath.